JESUS SAVES

JOHN 3:16
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only and begotten son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

love your neighbors as much as you love yourself


Have you ever experienced knowing someone you just cannot like and you get irritated with whatever she/he does? Well I went through that kind of feeling. I know that that person is not doing anything totally wrong towards me, but i think i just dont liker her attitude. And for so many times i’ve been so rude towards that person, yet she still considers me as a friend. She tells me her deepest secrets, when i completely do not deserve any of them because im not good towards her.
I talked to her many many times about that and every time i’ll ask her if she wants to say anything or if she have any hurts because of me, she’ll say ” i dont have any, i understand you ” and i was like you’re just TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. And i hated that moment when she got nothing to say about me, i felt guilty of it all. I felt like, I AM CAUSING YOU SO MUCH PAIN AND HURT yet still you value me and say you understand me?? 
Yesterday i got to talk with my other friend about that and we arrived in the conclusion thatMAYBE JUST MAYBE THE LOVE SHE HAS FOR ME IS JUST ENDURING. Enduring all the hurts just to keep me as a friend. And i realize that it might be true. And my friend told me that GOD has been speaking to her about that person and she said ” i know she needs our help
AND then the light bulb went on! YES, she needs our help, she need GOD in her life. Once i have invited that person in church and there was a moment when the people who needs prayer were asked to come forward she told me ” trish i want to come” then i joined her and prayed for her. I know she’s going through a lot of problems concerning family and other things and as a Christian my role is to accept her for what she is and help her go through those problems and just ask GOD to give me the kind of love that could overcome the negative things i see in her. After all GOD said, ” LOVE YOUR NEIGHBORS AS MUCH AS YOU LOVE YOURSELF” for we are all here to help each other and care for one another. 
And yesterday i talked to that person and i said sorry, i confessed everything i have been feeling towards her and i said “ i have come to the realization that maybe your love for me is just enduring and i just can’t love you back the way you love me” but now i want to love her the way i love myself and i said that i hope that our conversation will make a difference in our relationship. 
so if you are going through the same feeling, pray for that person and ask GOD to help you love others even in the worst situations :)
ps. WE ARE ALL LOVED BY GOD 

No comments: